Mechanizing parts of plastic
- Nylon: It is an artificial polymer that belongs to the polyamides group. It is a crystalline polymer because it needs time to organize itself and cool down slowly. For that reason it is very resistant.
- POM: Polyoxymethylene, also known as polyacetal. It is a crystalline thermoplastic of high stiffness used in plastic machining of precision for its features.
- PET: Polyethylene terephtalate. Used in precision parts, is the most rigid of the thermoplastics.
- Teflon: It is the trademark of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). It is a polymer similar to polyethylene and its main feature is that it is almost inert.
- Peek: It is a thermoplastic semicrystalline. It is ideal for applications requiring other mechanical stresses. This is thanks to its excellent mechanical and chemical resistance.